The AssureBridge SAMLConnect™ service provides a powerful solution that will allow you to quickly, easily, and reliably enable single sign-on (SSO) to or from an Alfresco Share™ portal. Our fully-managed On-Demand offering is a perfect fit if you are looking to rapidly roll out a reliable and secure cross-domain Cloud/Internet Single Sign-On solution.
The AssureBridge Alfresco Share adapter is pre-integrated into the application and offers the following features:
- Enables for inbound or outbound SSO connections using standards protocols such as SAML 1.1, SAML 2.0, OpenID or WS-Federation
- Allows user profile information (e.g. email, nickname, job title) to be passed securely into the Alfresco user database as part of the single sign-on experience
- Allows Alfresco user information to be synchronized with external systems
Integrators can save hundreds of hours of custom development work using our powerful, flexible, and easy-to-implement Alfresco Share SSO adapter. Integration and configuration is greatly simplified using:
- Pre-integrated plugins that require zero coding and knowledge of complex security and SSO protocols!!!
- SSO connection support from AssureBridge professional technicians
- Automatic generation of Alfresco Share configuration files assuring SSO connectivity is configured right the first time
With the AssureBridge Alfresco Share adapter, your Web 2.0 solutions developers can concentrate on providing rich customer experiences rather that wrestling with the intricacies of complex single sign-on protocols.
There are two main Single Sign-On scenarios that you may encounter when designing your solution:
- Alfresco Share as an Identity Provider Application – Users first log into the Alfresco Share portal and use the system to navigate to various online services hosted in the Cloud:
- You would like the users to be seamlessly logged into the external sites without the need to re-enter their user names and passwords.
- You would like to ensure that user information in the Alfresco Share database and external services is kept in sync.
- Alfresco Share as a Service Provider Application – Users first log into an external Identity and Access Management system and then navigate into the Alfresco Share portal hosted in the Cloud:
- You would like the users to be seamlessly logged into the Alfresco Share portal without the need to re-enter their user names and passwords.
- You would like to ensure that the latest user data such as their names, contact info, entitlements, etc. are securely passed over from the Identity Management system into the Alfresco Share portal.